NOSD Is Pleased To Announce: The "Baby Dolls" Centennial Exhibition titled, “Baby Dolls: Living Tradition & History,” (premiered January 18, 2013) at the Presbytere, La. State Museum. NOSD in association with Xavier University and the LA State Museum, provided belated recognition to our unique masking, music and dance folklore, which is also an important part of Louisiana's history and American pop culture.
NOSD is Pleased to Announce: Our feature article on CNN; IMPACT YOUR WORLD, entitled: "Baby Doll Ladies' modern Celebration of African-American history."
NOSD is Pleased to Announce: Our feature article in Offbeat Magazine's online editorial (2/16/12), "The Babydolls are 100 and brand new this carnival" by Sam Primeaux (Photo credit -Jeffrey Dupuis)
NOSD is Pleased to Announce: Our feature spread in the LA Cultural Vistas Magazine (Winter 2010-11 edition) , "They Call Me Baby Doll" by Dr. Kim Vaz (NOSD (group) Photo Credit -Jeffrey Dupuis; NOSD (poster) Photo Credit -J.Holmes)
Entertainment; Production; Development; Educational Programs...
- Film & Video Production: With the experienced leadership of NOSD Artistic Director, Aftra Union Member & Film/Video Production Coordinator (POC) Millisia White, we provide the finest production resources locale, including but not limited to pre-production coordinating, dance-talent castings and on-set choreography. Recent production credits include: HBO Documentary "If God is Willing & The Creek Don't Rise" directed by Spike Lee; Film Pilot "Bourbon Street" directed by John Coppola; Film Pilot "Who Do You Love" directed by Jerry Zaks.
- Entertainment & Promotions: NOSD's signature "Baby Doll Ladies" featuring Dj Hektik is reliable and experienced in providing a variety of dynamic dance-acts as the highlight of your event. Our signature, masked ensemble is a staple choice for concerts, corporate events and the jazziest of New Orleans themed affairs! NOSD is also your trusted source for additional regalia hosts and dancers to suit most all of your creative concepts. Some of our credits include: Redbull Music Academy; GMR Marketing; 40 Acres & A Mule Filmworks, Essence Music Festival.
- Artist Development: Our collaborative team of experts identify and develop the pre-professional or industry recording artist's skills and overall level of performance. NOSD also helps create and facilitate the framework for solo and-or group master performance(s). Take advantage of our association of creative arts & entertainment professionals who have been organized to help recording artist's achieve their performance goals thru:
Choreography & Movement Coaching
Custom Background/Talent Calls
“Hexclusive” Showtracks & Remix cd’s
Health, Wellness & Styling
- K-12 Programs: As a community centered dance-company, NOSD's Baby Doll Ladies also provide motivational assemblies and movement based workshops that give k-12 students a unique experience in learning the history and living tradition of Mardi Gras masking and making a difference thru teamwork & character education. Workshops and presentations are age appropriate, holistic and also meets grade level benchmarks as determined by the Louisiana Department of Education. Some of our School & Youth (Arts) Patrons include The NHP Foundation; Girls First; McDonogh 42 Charter School (N.O., La.)
We remove the guesswork by utilizing in house specialists and/or partnering with other certified entities to deliver the best possible arrangement to suit your needs and budget. Stop wondering and get an honest opinion from our distinguished team of dance-talent professionals. Submit your request, programming needs or working treatment(s) and we will evaluate your material…for free! (Other arts & entertainment specialists can charge as much as $250 an hour to consult with companies like us, so take advantage of a free consultation. Serious Inquiries only, please. Also please remember to include the following (where applicable) within your submission:
* Organization or company affiliation; Event description, itinerary etc.
* Special dance-production needs (coordinating, choreography, talent, etc.)
* School & Youth # of students, school(s), dates & times
* Links to website and-or social media sources(facebook, twiter, etc.)
* Artist EPK links
* Working treatments/script(s), mp3 music links, etc.